Information we collect and how we use it:
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when through our websites. If you make a donation online or payment to us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialize in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
We have a number of Activities that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as visiting our websites The majority of the Activities are used for statistical purposes, or to contact you again in regard to our Activities.
In order to provide our full range of Activities, in particular with regard to our conference registration processes, we may collect the following types of information
- Information you provide – When you sign up for an Activity that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address, phone number and an account password. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Activities or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our Activities.
- When you send email or other communication to GRF Davos, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our work.
- Communications – When you join the GRF Davos network such as receiving the online newsletter, you may choose to allow other members of the network to contact you. These contacts may be in the form of emails. GRF Davos does not share your email address with other members of the community, without your permission.
- processing a donation that you have made;
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- dealing with entries into a competition;
- seeking your views or comments on our activities;
- notifying you of changes to our programs, activities and policies;
- processing a job application;
- auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our performance;
- ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- developing new Activities.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular Activity that requires registration, we ask you to provide certain personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific Activity notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our activities, in which case GRF Davos may not be able to include you in those activities.
GRF Davos does not share any personal information with other institutions, companies or individuals outside of GRF Davos except in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any personal information.
- We may provide such information to affiliated institutions only for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
- enforce applicable terms and conditions of services, including investigation of potential violations thereof,
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or
- protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of GRF Davos, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
GRF Davos reserves the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event hosted by GRF Davos, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. GRF Davos may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced or used by GRF Davos including but not limited to: YouTube videos, invitations, brochures, promotions, newspapers, magazines, websites, etc.
A person attending a GRF Davos conference/event who does not wish to have their image recorded for distribution should make their wishes known to the photographer, and/or the event organizers, and/or contact info(at)grforum.org in writing of his/her intentions and include a photograph.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to GRF Davos employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Activities. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
GRF Davos processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and this Policy and/or any applicable activity-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our performance. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary and to inform us if any personal information is incorrect so that we may update it.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you participate in our Activities, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
GRF Davos is obligated to provide to every person who requests it, free of charge, whether personal data concerning the applicant is processed or not. An application under the first paragraph shall be made in writing to GRF Davos to the GRF Davos contact address and be signed by the applicant. If such data is processed, written information shall also be provided about which information about the applicant that is processed, where this information has been collected, the purpose of the processing, and to which recipients or categories of recipients the information is disclosed. The information shall be provided by GRF Davos within one month of the request.
GRF Davos regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or GRF Davos‘ treatment of personal information, or to request a notification concerning which personal information concerning you is processed by contacting us through info(at)grforum.org or by writing to us at:
Obere Strasse 22B
When we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is GRF Davos‘ policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between GRF Davos and an individual.
Changes to the Policy
Davos, 20 May 2018